The Benefits of Surrogacy
There are many reasons why you might consider gestational surrogacy with Magic Journeys, LLC:
- Having a biological child with in vitro fertilization.
- Strict screenings to ensure only the best surrogate candidates.
- Legal security to ensure the surrogate releases her rights to your baby once he or she is born.
- Gender selection options and genetic testing prior to embryo implantation.
- Same-sex couples can have both their names on a child’s birth certificate.
- High success rates for pregnancy with in vitro fertilization plus surrogacy.
What is the difference between traditional and gestational surrogacy?
In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate mother is the biological mother of the child. In gestational surrogacy, the surrogate mother is not the biological mother of the child. Gestational surrogacy is an ideal solution for many couples and individuals who are unable to have a baby or intentionally choose to not go through pregnancy themselves. The great thing about surrogacy with Magic Journeys, LLC is how you will be an integral part of the entire process. You will be intimately involved in the selection of your surrogate and all aspects of the pregnancy until the baby is delivered.
What is the medical process of gestational surrogacy?
The gestational surrogacy medical process is divided into three phases: in-person medical screening, conception at an IVF facility, and pregnancy and delivery. At around 10 or 12 weeks of pregnancy, the surrogate is released to her OB/GYN and receives care in her hometown.
In-Person Medical Screening
Surrogates typically undergo screening within two months of applying to the program. Magic Journeys will cover the expense of traveling to our office and meeting with an IVF doctor. During the in-person medical screening, the surrogate will undergo a physical examination, have her blood drawn, and be interviewed and tested by a psychologist.
In this second phase, once the surrogate has been cleared by our physical and mental health practitioners and the parents confirm the match, the legal paperwork must be completed, signed, and finalized. Next, the assigned Magic Journeys case manager will communicate with the IVF doctor to create a calendar for IVF treatment. Approximately 10 to 12 days after embryo transfer, the surrogate will complete a pregnancy test. If the pregnancy is confirmed, the IVF medical team will coordinate the shipment of medications to the surrogate’s hometown and help set up doctor’s appointments to monitor the pregnancy. Near the beginning of the 2nd trimester, the surrogate is released to her personal OB/GYN.
Pregnancy and Delivery
Each surrogate is connected to a team of case specialists who are there to answer questions, address concerns and personally guide the surrogate through this stage. The assigned Magic Journeys case specialist will provide appointment reminders and communicate with the parents. Surrogates will also have access to our online resource center for additional support and information. Our private social media group is also available to surrogates to share their feelings, concerns, and progress with other surrogates. Finally, as the delivery date approaches, Magic Journeys will coordinate a birth plan with the surrogate’s local hospital and inform the parents.
What’s Expected of You
Magic Journeys, LLC will guide you through the entire surrogacy process and beyond. Some of the key steps involved include:
- Initial surrogacy consultation to begin the process.
- Completing an online profile to find a surrogate match.
- Meeting your surrogate in a video chat or in person.
- Providing a medical expense account to fund your surrogate through the pregnancy.
- Communication throughout the surrogacy process.
What to Expect of Magic Journeys, LLC
Our role is to make sure the surrogacy experience goes as smoothly and successfully as possible. We are here to support and guide you, while also supporting and guiding your surrogate to give her everything she needs for a healthy pregnancy.
Surrogacy services provided by Magic Journeys, LLC include:
- Help finding an egg donor if you are unable to provide your own.
- Thorough surrogate physical, psychological and financial screening process.
- Management of medical expense account.
- Legal counseling and support.
- Coordinating psychological counseling for surrogate.
- Developing a birth plan to prepare for expected hospital delivery.
- Personal support from a case specialist who will keep you updated every step of the way.
- Week-by-week monitoring of your baby during the pregnancy.
- Financial and insurance assistance to help you make sound decisions.
Surrogacy can seem intimidating at first and we know all of our clients have a lot of questions. Magic Journeys, LLC is here to help provide the necessary guidance and support to the intended parents and the surrogate. To learn more about our surrogacy programs, EMAIL US and we’ll be happy to answer any questions that you have.